Friday, August 12, 2016

¿Que Pasa?

Dear Parents,

I love you guys so much! When I opened my email I had 28 emails!! 
Hahaha, its nice to know that people care!


I want you guys to feel bad for me and stuff because missions are hard,
but I am honestly loving it and having a great time! Haha!


My companion is super chill and my district is awesome! We work hard and I have already learned so much Spanish! But we joke around a ton too! We made a video last night called MTC Cribs that I will send later. haha


We had a devotional last night from Elder Anderson, not my favorite speaker, but still good. And then we got done at 9pm and had nothing to do because our next day was P-Day! 


Our district all lives in a house on a street. It's like a mini-village. It's so cool here. The weather is perfect. 


I understand what Dad says about Mexico City now, haha! But this MTC is awesome, way better than Provo I am pretty sure! The food is extremely decent, though. Haha. It's okay. 


The beds are pretty rough. My pillow is like the size of a backpacking pillow so I have not been sleeping super good, but it's okay. The first few days were rough, but everyday gets better.  


I give lessons in Spanish almost every day and my companion and I are improving a ton! Usually at the end of our lesson, the mock-investigator will give us feedback. But yesterday, she said, "I would try to give you feedback, but your lesson was perfecto. To give feedback is impossible." We asked her to be baptized and she said yes! It was so cool! Even though it was fake...hahaha!

This last Sunday was Fast Sunday and it was super spiritual. I bore my testimony and it is just like sacrament meeting at home except that it is just a bunch of missionaries and one branch president. I could feel the blessing from everyone that was fasting for me. It was really sweet. 


I still get into little slumps throughout the day, but most of the time I really am doing great. I feel like I am helping to keep other missionaries from going home. I try to include everyone and joke around with everyone if I can and I think it is helping! 

Okay, so here is my day to day schedule: 

6:30am             Wake up, get ready and study if you have time
7:30am             Breakfast
8:00-9:00am     Personal study time, which I love
9:00-12:30        Language & Doctrine study with teacher
12:30pm           Lunch
1:00-2:30pm     Gym time! There is a nice gym and I play soccer a lot too! 
2:30-3:00pm     Shower and get ready again
3:00-6:00pm     Prepare and give lesson in Espanol 
6:00pm             Dinner
6:45pm             Stupid computer program Uncle Mike made (haha!) 
8:00-9:30          Language study again with district
9:30pm             Journal, shower, hang out, etc.
10:30pm           Bed

 Recreating The Beatles Album Cover "Abbey Road" 

I'm going to the temple today and I will take some pics there! I am going to try to send them to you. 
I love you so much! Keep praying for me. I can feel it, and I will keep praying for you guys!


-Elder Carter Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment