Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Week 12 - Officially 3 Months!! (August 2 - November 2)


Hey guys here's my week๐Ÿ’™


Monday- We started our P-Day by going down to the Goodwill and buying some girls shirts because my companion makes ties out of them๐Ÿ˜‚ he tears the fabric up then sews it back together into a tie, It's pretty cool actually. After that we took a bus to Walmart and met up with the sisters to do our shopping. It was our last day with one of the sisters in our district because she went home the next day๐Ÿ˜Ÿ she was funny and way cool! She's the Polynesian one in the pictures. So we spent the day with them. We went to some random old Indian sites around the outside of Hershey for a little bit and then we went bowling!๐ŸŽณ After that we went to dinner with a great family, they have ten million kids(9) all under the age of 15 and all of them are way cool!๐Ÿ˜‚ On the way home from their house it was pitch black everywhere because they kinda live out by themselves but if you look to the East towards Phili and New York you can see the light pollution from the cities. It looks like the moon should be coming up but it's not there๐Ÿ˜ฑ it's just the light from those big cities so that was kinda crazy. That night we visited EJ, the old African American lady which is always pretty funny, she can never believe how young I am. 
Her:“Now, how old are you again?" 
Me: "Still 18" 
Her:”You mean to tell me that you're 18 and you're already out seeing the world!? So so young out in the big world..." 
Haha it's fun to talk to her๐Ÿ˜‚ she just needs to go to church!! 

Elders Ibarra and Nelson with their friend, Anil
Tuesday- Tuesday was pretty normal, we had studies then taught Carlos. He is doing really good with accepting the gospel and stuff and he reads and prays. After we taught him we went to this  Mexican restaurant and it was super good! It was authentic too, they made the tortillas right in front of us. I got the tacos Al Pastor and they were delicious but they were kinda small๐Ÿ˜• but we were excited that we finally found good Mexican food over in the East! After that we taught Modesto who is still doing awesome in everything except his health๐Ÿ™ƒ he needs prayers!! And a transplant!! But he is fun to teach especially with Spanish because he's easy to understand and he accepts everything we tell him! One of their friends was there while we were teaching Modesto and we kind of got in an argument with him because he was telling us that everyone who is part of a religion that worships Christ will be saved and stuff which I guess is kinda of true to a certain extent but we went back and forth in a friendly argument and eventually we gave him a Book of Mormon and told him to read it and he took it willingly so it all worked out๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ After that we had our ESL class but we didn't have a ride to the church so we sat in our apartment for a second having a conversation about it and this is how it went- 

Me-"Well if we don't go to the ESL class then we are being disobedient because we aren't magnifying our calling because Bishop asked us to go and attend every week."
Companion-"This is true." 
Me-"But if we ride our bikes there in the pitch black without lights and reflectors and something happens to us then what?"
Companion-"President Johnson would probably call it a safety hazard."
Me-"So that's being disobedient too right?"
Companion-"Yeah we are totally set up for failure"๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ 
YOU JUST CANT WIN AS A MISSIONARY hahaha it's a joke sometimes 

Anyways, we did end up going and we had to skip dinner hour but we decided that we were going to get wings at the sports bar downtown afterwards so that was our motivation to go๐Ÿ˜‚ the bike ride to the church was actually beautiful though because it was right at Sunset๐ŸŒ… then after ESL class we had to ride home and it was pitch black!!! You could barely see your hand in front of your face, it was the same road that we walked home on last week but this time we were on bikes. There are some huge hills and we were going down them in the complete dark and it was so fun hahaha I was looking up at the stars(which are amazing out there) and just saying like I hope I don't wreck hahaha it was honestly like a ride at Disneyland. So it was totally worth it and it was totally a safety hazard. But we got our wings afterwards and the World Series and opening night of the NBA were on at the restaurant oops๐Ÿ˜ 

Wednesday- Okay so get this, after studies we went to the house of another investigator and translated for a marriage counselor!! Hahahaha it was soooo awkward๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚there were tears and stuff. My companion did most of the translating because if I had done it then a lot of stuff would've been lost in translation. Lol but I understood everything that was going on and I could've done a sketchy translation but my companion was far more qualified especially for something like this ha. But at the end of the session we gave the Marriage counselor a Book of Mormon and she totally accepted it! She was impressed that we were willing and able to translate for them haha so it was quite the experience! After that we visited Lloyd and a couple other less actives, they are all kinda hopeless but we help them feel the spirit and read their scriptures at least๐Ÿ™ƒ then we did puzzles with the puzzle ladies and caught up on all the gossip. That night we went to the ward trunk or treat and helped run booths and stuff but it was fun and we got 2 investigators and 3 or 4 less actives there! It was a fun night though. I got a Halloween package from Kam today too which was amazing๐Ÿ˜ so that made my day even better ๐Ÿ™†

Thursday- Well studies started normal today but then the unthinkable happened. Okay I'll put it into perspective. So there I am feasting upon the words of Christ and then I see something out of the corner of my eye, at first I thought it was a giant fly but then when I looked closer I realized it was a frickin mouse!!!๐Ÿญ it starred right at me for a sec and then it picked me up with its mind powers and shook me like a doll!! (Monster's Inc.)(Despite being on a mission, I'm still on fire with the Disney quotes) hahaha anyways within seconds my companion and I were on our hands and knees mid study time trying to hit it with a shoe but it was just too fantastic.(Megamind, yeah I know it's not Disney) So the Devil's mouse got away but we set up some mouse traps around the apartment. After that we had District meeting and we have 2 new sisters in our district and they are definitely going to take some getting used too. ๐Ÿ˜… Later that day we walked and rode our bikes all over the place visiting people and it was freezing and pouring rain. On one of the bike rides I was getting soaked and my tires kept flipping dirty water up into my face and I was so mad but I had no one to be mad at haha like it was no ones fault. That adidas windbreaker has been saving my life though because of how water proof it is. It's not cold enough to wear my huge coat yet and I can't ride my bike with it so the adidas one has been perfect. 

Friday- Studies were good today! I read the True Millennials talk that mom sent me by President Nelson and I read Safety for the Soul by Elder Holland. Both were really good! I recommend them๐Ÿ™† Friday was freezing cold so I probably made 3 different cups of hot chocolate throughout the day. Overtime our apartment has accumulated several different types of hot chocolate in the cupboards so I have been trying them all๐Ÿ˜‹ After studies we visited a couple less actives then we got a call from the elders Quorum president asking us to help him with some service. We weren't really sure if he liked us or not so we were glad that he asked for our help! He picked us up in his GTO and went 100 mph on a few different stretches of road and you could tell he was trying show off but it was fun hahaha We helped him haul 70 huge pieces of drywall to his basement and it was quite the project. He was winded after the first few so my companion and I did most of them. Afterwards he was really grateful and asked us if we needed anything around our apartment and stuff so it was good that we were able to strengthen our relationship with him. We had dinner that night with the Fischers! They are back in town and of course spoiled us as usual with a great dinner. Then we visited the Hernandez family and finally caught Brother Hernandez  so we set up an appointment to help them next week.

Carter found this in a local shop! I think it's pretty accurate!
Saturday- We helped Brother Alva today and got a lot done around his house again! We helped him for quite a while so we didn't have much time the rest of the day. That night after dinner we walked around the city trying to talk to people and hand out Book of Mormons and stuff. We were walking down a dark alley and there was a soda machine and I told my companion to buy a Mtn Dew because he likes them so we started going through our bags looking for quarters to buy one. We found enough spare change and he bought one then seconds later we ran into this guy who we had met earlier this month but we didn't have a Book of Mormon to give him at that time but this time we did! So we gave him one and if we had been any earlier then we would've missed him because he got out of a taxi right in front of us. So basically the Mtn Dew was inspired because if we hadn't have taken the time to buy one then we would've missed that guy. The funny thing is that afterwards we couldn't even figure out why we stopped and bought one hahaha we were like why did we spend money on that?๐Ÿ˜‚ we have like 3 at home?? But we are just gonna say that it was a craving from the spirit lolol

Sunday- Sunday was just like most. We woke up and had Missionary Correlation meeting then Ward council and then church. Everything was good and we had a good 5th Sunday combined meeting. After church we did some team up visits with the ward mission leader then had lunch. Then we taught our friend Anil at DQ then we got a call from Sister Orta telling us that no one took her the sacrament so we called Bishop and he just asked if we could go do it so we rode our bikes alllll the way across the city to give it to her. They were very grateful though! Then right as we stepped outside it started POURING๐Ÿ’ฆ☔️ We got absolutely drenched, like we couldn't have possibly gotten any more wet on our bike ride home. Every single part of us was soaked and our bags were soaked, everything was soaked except our iPads๐Ÿ˜ God was watching over us I guess haha kind of. But thankfully our next appointment was dinner so we had time to clean up and change. Then we had Dinner at the Gehrings house which is the nicest thing on earth and the meal was just as good. Then we finished the night with Weekly planning.

Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 27:28 - Lebanon will be a fruitful field! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ maybe not the Lebanon that I'm in but ya never know ๐Ÿ™†

Anyways that's my week, thanks for all your emails I will go back and respond to them! I will have plenty of time to email today because we are just hanging around the apartment because our whole zone is out of miles so no one can come pick us up๐Ÿ˜Ÿ so write me tons!๐Ÿ˜‚ I'll just be taking naps and stuff haha love and miss you guys!!!๐Ÿ’•


-Elder Nelson




1 comment:

  1. What a great time you are having. You make me proud to know you.

    ReplyDelete