Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 22 - Carter turns 19!


Hey everyone, I'm 19 now!! Here's my week๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Monday- Monday was good as usual, we woke up and went to crossfit and then had studies. After that we went to Walmart and then went to Harrisburg to play basketball and what not. Nothing exciting except that I grabbed the rim! ⛹️ I've never been able to do that before so I guess I'm in pretty good shape๐Ÿ’  After P-Day we came back and ate then cleaned our apartment. 

Tuesday- On Tuesday we went to find some former investigators in the morning but we didn't find them so we ended up knocking an entire apartment complex for fun, none of them were interested but we invited several of them to our ESL class. Tuesday afternoon we went and did Puzzles and then went and visited Sister Bord. The main puzzle lady is getting surgery this week so she was really glad that we stopped by and I got to finish another puzzle! That's my second one๐Ÿ˜ Our lesson with Sister Bord was good too, she told me that I've guilt tripped her enough into reading her scriptures everyday now๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ she loves me though so it's all good. That night we had dinner with Hacho and Fe (Bulgarian couple) and it was a ton of fun. Hacho really likes us and he is less active so it's good and fun to hang out with them. I made a bet with one of the counselors in the bishopbric that I would get Hacho to church before I leave. I'm determined to do it, I've already gotten him in the church once, not I just need to get him to attend๐Ÿค” After dinner we went to our ESL class and we had a new lady there from Columbia. She had a super cool Spanish accent. She was like "you guys aren't gonna try and switch my religion or convert me right?" And I was just like "not yet" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ but it was good and she's interested in all of the programs that the church has so ESL is working! 


Wednesday- Wednesday we had District Meeting and it went well! Not my best lesson but it was still good๐Ÿ™† then we played a game after. We are obsessed with this game called Monopoly Deal. It's nothing like Monopoly though because it's super fast but it's super fun and competitive too. I would recommend it! One of the sisters in our District made us blankets! They are actually pretty cool, of course she made me a Star Wars one and I love it. That's the good thing about letting people know what your interests are, because then you always get stuff that you like๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ The Hershey Sisters also got me a copy of that Monopoly game for my Birthday so I made out like a bandit. ๐Ÿ˜ After District Meeting we went looking for an investigator but ended up teaching a less active instead ha and then we took her pit bull for a walk again. Then we passed out some ESL cards and then we went to Dinner with the Bishop and his family to a pizza place. After dinner we teamed up with a ward member to visit a couple more people and then we went home. 

Thursday- On Thursday we taught Carlos our investigator in the morning and invited him to be baptized, he said yes and I asked him if he could do it on Feb 18th and he said he needs more time even though we promised him he could be ready by then. So that was frustrating but at least he said yes‍♀️ After that we went to all the Spanish restaurants in town and gave them pass along cards for the ESL class. They said they all knew people who needed to learn English and would probably go so we will see. Then we rode our bikes super far up to a less actives house and it ended up being a good visit because she said it had been a hard day for her and she just had a death on the other side of the family so we were able to help comfort her and stuff and leave a good message with her. It wasn't a planned visit, we just thought we'd try to see her but it was a good thing that we went. After that we tried another former investigator and she wasn't there but her mom was there who only spoke French. She couldn't understand us and I felt really bad so I decided that I'm going to learn French too๐Ÿ˜‚ So next time we go over there I can communicate. ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท  

Cake #1
That night we had dinner with the Fischer family and they did a little birthday party for me๐Ÿ˜‹ It was fun! And they gave me a huge pack of Snickers and made me a brownie cake as if I needed more junk food๐Ÿ˜‚ but I love them they're great. After dinner we went to visit EJ and we had a super good visit with her. She always calls me babe it's kinda funny but she's black so what can you expect. At the end of our lesson she asked about our missions and how much longer we had and stuff and I was like "18 months" then she said "18 MONTHS??!! Boy you be teachin like yous been out for 3 years, I though yous was about ready to go home" haha so I had to take some pride in that, it made me feel good. 

Birthday Eve dinner at the Fischers :) 

Friday- Birthday!!! On Friday I turned 19! It's weird to think that I'm that old ๐Ÿ˜… but like I'm still super young ha. Friday was our service day so we went and helped Brother Alva when in reality we are helping him help the rest of the neighborhood. It's good service because we get to serve like 8 different people in the same day and it's good for Brother Alva because he needs the company. We came back early and then went and visited Robert in the nursing home and this time he got himself all set up for church this week! He hasn't been since I've gotten here. He had his portable oxygen tank ready and everything for Sunday. I'm 100% convinced that it's because I bring him Jolly Ranchers every week, that's where this motivation is coming from hahaha๐Ÿ˜‚ Then after that we went and helped Sister Boyd set up for the Pine Wood Derby and they had a birthday party for me❤ they made my favorite childhood food which is calzones(which were amazing) and they got me a cake and everything and then they showed me the videos of the family telling me Happy Birthday. The videos were super cool but it was really awkward because everybody was just watching me while I watched the videos so yeahhh but it was a fun night!! Thank you all for the presents too๐Ÿ˜‹ I'll talk about those more in my individual emails. 

Saturday- Saturday we taught 2 less active families in the morning and then we spent the rest of the day trying to find people without luck. Luckily that evening we had the Sorensons for dinner and they prepared an amazing meal for us and we had a good dinner with them, they are a cool family. 

Sunday- On Sunday we had all of our normal meetings. Ward Council was kind of funny, I've started to talk a lot in Ward Council because people just kind of expect me to be the one to say stuff about missionary work and certain families and stuff. But there were like 3 different times when things were getting discussed that we were trying to find an agreement on and they didn't even have anything to do with missionary work and then the Bishop and like 4 other people in world would look to me for approval and in my head I was just like "uhhh yeah sure sounds good to me" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ but it was just kind of funny because even the bishop looked at me like I was the bishop and I wasn't sure what to do lol. Anyways, church was good but there were like 4 different people that told us they would be there for sure this week and then they didn't show up. It's so frustrating because you work with these people all week and then there's no reward from it ๐Ÿ˜… they all lack motivation or something but they certainly have it when we are sitting in their house with them. 

Birthday dinner at the Boyd's home! 
The rest of Sunday was good, we visited somebody with the Sisters and then we went to dinner at the Nelson's house! One of the members of the ward today asked me if we were getting fed well and I was like "yeah why?" And then he said "You're looking thin" I thought he was joking but he was dead serious. So I weighed myself when I got home and I've lost almost 10 lbs since a month ago. I exercise every morning and stuff and I feel fine. Idk if I'm stressed or what but I didn't think I looked much different. Maybe I just lost my baby fat๐Ÿ˜‚ I guess I need to eat more๐Ÿ˜… 

So this weekend was transfers and I'm staying here and I'm still DL. But, Elder Angulo's visa came through so he's headed to Portugal. I wanted to spend another transfer with him but Portugal is his real mission and I know he's excited to go there. So he leaves today and then my new companion gets here tomorrow. His name is Elder Hansen and I don't know anything about him so I guess we will just have to see what happens. So today and tomorrow I'm just hanging out with the Harrisburg Elders because Elder Angulo left for Pittsburgh to catch his flight. I think I'm on to my last transfer here in Lebanon but who knows. So I will be here for at least another 6 weeks. So I will most likely get transferred out of the walk area right as winter ends, perfect right? ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Anywaysss, that's my week! Thanks for your emails and for all the Birthday Wishes and Presents! I will go write to guys throughout the day! Love and miss you guys๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’•


We all sent videos to Sister Boyd for Carter to watch on his birthday. 

Cake #2! 

Holding the Christmas Card we sent to the Boyd family. 


video

No comments:

Post a Comment