Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February 13, 2017 - Lots of cancellations this week... *sigh*

Hey guys!! ❤ Here's my week! 

Monday- Monday was good! We woke up and went to crossfit and then we went straight to Wal-Mart to get our grocery shopping done because P-Day starts at 8 A.M now. After that we went to a really nice mall in camp hill for pretty much the whole day and it was a lot of fun! They had a sushi bar there and I haven't had sushi for like more than 6 months so I ordered one and it was pretty good๐Ÿ˜‹ It had eel in it. Not as good as Sakura but it was good. They had an H&M there and it was one of the best ones I've ever been too, so I got some new clothes. And then we just did all the normal things you do in a mall, try on all the lotions at bath & body works, try every food sample out, sit in the free massage chairs etc. It was a fun day, then we took the earlier bus home that evening and got ready for dinner. We had dinner with the Lasters and it was good! Their son really likes me so when we were all about to sit at the table he's like "everyone listen up! Me and Elder nelson are sitting on the bench so no one take our seats!" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ he's a funny kid, I'm glad he likes me. Then later that night we get a call from a semi-active Puerto Rican man who told us he was leaving town and that he needed us to feed his cat and his fish while he was gone. Before we even had time to respond, he was picking us up at our apartment. He took us back to his apartment and showed us how to food the animals then handed us a key and told us that he'd be back on Sunday and we just sat there like uhhhh okayyy. So yeah haha that's how Puerto Rican's work. 

Tuesday- We started the day walking around trying to get in contact with some people and we actually found a couple. Then we had to go to the library to put some numbers into the computer and then we had lunch. After that we did puzzles and saw Sister Bord, our normal Tuesday afternoon routine. I told Sister Bord that we would be back to see her again on Valentines Day and all she said was "okay! Remember that milk chocolate with caramel is my favorite" ๐Ÿ˜‚ Luckily, we have loads of candy in our apartment that we don't eat so taking her some chocolate will not be a problem. That night we had dinner with the Johnson family. The father is actually the nephew of President Johnson! So it was cool to eat with them, they are a fun family. After dinner Brother Johnson came out with us to teach the Thomas Family. He was an excellent Team-Up but the Thomas Family is just stubborn so it wasn't the best lesson ever. 

How to tract in Pennsylvania... 
Wednesday- On Wednesday, we started the day walking all the way up to Sister Kuhnert's house but it was worth it because she was thrilled to see us. We had a good lesson with her and she told us that she would be at church on Sunday! After that we walked to Lloyds and taught him and that was about as boring as could be. Then we called a couple investigators and scheduled appointments for later in the week. Then we went to teach Robert. Robert is so close to coming back to church, he just needs to get over his stupid pneumonia or whatever it is. Our lesson with him was actually kind of interesting๐Ÿ˜‚ his roommate is a paranoid schizophrenic so sometimes he has episodes where he gets super ticked off for no reason lol So he started having one of these episodes and told us that Robert tried to fight him earlier that day. So then he tried to roll his wheelchair over to fight Robert. (This guy is handicapped, so there was no way he was really going to fight anybody and every time he tried to roll his wheelchair over, the edge of his chair would get stuck on the bed so he couldn't move and then he would get even more mad) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ eventually he made his way over to Robert after a lot of screaming and frustration and then Robert grabbed his cane and started hitting the other guys wheelchair while yelling "Satan be gone! Satan be gone!" I had absolutely no idea what to do hahaha. After like 5 minutes of this, the nurses came in and rolled the paranoid guy out of the room but he was screaming and cussing so loud while they rolled him out. After that Robert just looked at me and said "I hate it here."  Lolol we were still able to have a lesson with him after everything settled down though so it wasn't a complete waste of time. We headed back to our apartment after that and everybody started talking about the storm that was coming the next day. I guess it was supposed to be pretty big so the city was like shutting down haha our dinner appointment for that night and for the following night both dropped off food at our apartment because they were sure that they were going to get snowed in. Literally everybody we passed that night said something about this storm and restaurants closed early and everything and we could not figure out what the big deal was‍.

Thursday- Well sure enough we woke up to snow on the ground but it was maybe 7 or 8 inches at the most. They canceled school, everybody's work started late, the snow plows were all out, and three of our lessons canceled! I was so frustrated because it's not like the people we teach had to go anywhere? We go to their house, like what do they care if there is snow outside or not. All winter long everyone in PA had been telling me how they get crazy winters and all this snow and what not, and then when snow finally comes down, they all go into shock and have no idea what to do!! I was just like "you freakin wimps, I thought this was PA? Land of the snow or whatever? And then you guys get less than a foot and the whole city shuts down??" ๐Ÿ˜‚ it was pretty pathetic. Anyways, we did our work as usual. It was a little bit harder to walk out on the street than usual because of the snowy sidewalks but it wasn't that bad. We checked on the Puerto Rican's cat and fish in the morning and we tried a couple other houses that direction and then we found some inactive(prospective) elders that the elders quorum President asked us to go see and we set up return appointments with them. After that, the Bishops son teamed up with us to go teach a new investigator, Modesto, and a couple other people. It was good to see Modesto again, he's supposed to get his transplant in the next 2 months! I hope he does. He always tells us that when we pray at his house, he feels better for the next couple days and we hadn't been by in awhile so he was glad that we were there to help him feel better. That night we didn't have a dinner because the people had dropped it off the night before due to the "snow storm" so we just hung out at home๐Ÿ’ 

Friday- On Friday we had a lesson with Kintin and Sylvia in the morning but they weren't home! It made me sad and we even had a Spanish speaking member come with us so that was rough. But luckily we tried a different Spanish speaking investigator with the member and he was home! So we taught him a lesson and the member did a really good job. So it all worked out but I hope we get back in contact with Kintin and Sylvia. After that we had District Meeting for the first time in forever and it went well! I felt like I had a good lesson prepared๐Ÿ™† and everyone told me good job! After that our dinner appointment canceled for the 3rd time in a row so I decided to call Hacho and I just said "hey wanna go to the Panera bread downtown?" And he just said "sure" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ we are good friends. So we went and tried it out! It was packed but it was super good๐Ÿ˜ I had never been to a Panera bread before but I'm a fan. It's like Great Harvest, kneaders, zupas etc. But I really like it๐Ÿ˜‹ and it was fun to hang out with Hacho. After dinner we had to walk pretty far to an appointment with an investigator and it was freeeezing. No matter what I do, I'm freezing all the time๐Ÿ˜‚ my blood has not gotten any thicker I swear and I have like no body fat so I just freeze. The worst part is the cold wind so I always have my scarf wrapped around my face but the only way to keep my scarf from falling off is to keep my neck arched while I walk and then it starts to ache super bad so it's a struggle. Then when we finally got to the appointment, the lady answered but she said that she forgot we were coming so we had to reschedule for another time.๐Ÿ˜… so yeah that wasn't the best. 

Saturday- On Saturday morning we were supposed to teach Harry, our new investigator, but he freakin canceled too!! I guess his life has been pretty rough this last week so it's been hard because our lessons with him have gone so well! We aren't sure what to do with him because he seemed so promising. After that we headed over to the Boyd's to do service! We helped paint their house for a few hours ๐ŸŽจ it was fun๐Ÿ’ Then we went to that family history broadcast thing. Then we went back to the Boyd's for dinner๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Sunday- Nothing crazy happened on Sunday, we just went to Ward council and our other meetings and then church. I feel like I'm actually a part of the ward here at this point๐Ÿ˜‚ After church we taught Anil and then found a couple other potential investigators and then we went to dinner at the Nelson's house. After dinner we walked around looking for some people downtown but we didn't have any luck๐Ÿ™† Well that's my week! It was kinda rough๐Ÿ˜… but hopefully this next week will be better! I love and miss you guys❤

-Elder Nelson 

No comments:

Post a Comment